Pages

Monday, November 15, 2021

Technique Hop - Silver and Gold

Welcome to our Silver and Gold Technique Hop   There are so many ways to incorporate the two and I can't wait for you to see the awesome creations from the participants. If you are coming from  Michele John's blog, you are on the right track. 

First, all of the products (or similar ones) I use, can be found on my website stampin4ever@closetomyheart.com.
 
For today’s technique hop we are supposed to use Silver and/or Gold on a project.  I am going to use both and I’m going to use our Silver and Gold Foil paper (Silver Foil z3366) (Gold Foil Z3365) and our Silver and Gold Glitter cardstock! (Silver Glitter Cardstock Z3239) (Gold Glitter Cardstock Z3238) I love the rich look of these metallics along with the sparkle of the glitter cardstock.  
#1.  I started with a 3 x 12 inch strip of our new Adhesive sheets.  Removed the backing on one side to reveal the sticky.  Adhesive sheets Z5022

#2. Then I cut ½ x 12 inch strips from the foil paper and glitter cardstock.  

#3.  I adhered the strips to the adhesive horizontally, alternating each strip until I covered the whole adhesive panel.  (cut off the excess to keep layering up the panel.)

#4 Carefully cut the panel into 2 = 3/4 x 12 inch strips and 2 = ½ x 12 inch strips.  

#5.  Now to the layout.  I used a sheet of our retired Woodgrain paper (but we do have a new paper packet) (Wood grain X8028) layered a 9-1/4  x 9-1/4 piece of White Daisy (White Daisy 1385) in the center, put strips of the Holly and Ivy Bulk paper framing the layout and then put one of each of the metallic strips around the white daisy creating a double frame. 

#6.  I used items from my stash to embellish my photo and layout.  I made sure to keep it simple as I wanted the photo to stand out as the metallics already catch your eye. I used more of the metallic papers to make the title.(Joy Z4397)(Peace Z3900)





I hope you enjoy my layout and Process video,




  and give this technique a try!

Before you go...... be sure to sign up to follow my blog so you don't miss any great ideas! The link is in the column on the right.

I appreciate you stopping by and encourage you to continue making your way around the hop to see what the others have created to share with you! Now, head on over to  Tamara Sandwisch's Blog  and enjoy your day! Happy hopping!

Thanks 

Judy











4 comments:

  1. WOW! This is amazing! I love how you did the strips. I haven't used the adhesive sheets yet but need to follow your lead! I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout! I love the border you created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How brilliant to use the adhesive sheets to make your own paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's some fancy striped paper, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. Thank you!